Engaging Your Family Philanthropically This Summer
Are you and your family traveling this summer? Spending time at home? Racing from one summer camp or activity to the next? No matter your plans, our philanthropy team has put together the following fun and easy ways for you to engage with your family and make a positive impact together.
- Purchase socially responsible souvenirs: When buying souvenirs, consider opting for products that are locally made or contribute to local artisans, charities, or entrepreneurs. Talk about these decisions with your family and how these choices connect to your family’s values.
- Volunteer at a local charity: Volunteering is a great activity to do as a family or individually, for all ages. If you need assistance finding volunteer opportunities, our philanthropy team is more than happy to help identify opportunities, no matter where you may be this summer. We can help you find fun activities like helping clean up a local garden, walking puppies, packing meals, and more! As a start, here are a few organizations offering volunteer opportunities worldwide:
- Teach young children valuable entrepreneur skills: Gain real-life financial and philanthropic experience by organizing a lemonade stand or selling baked goods in your neighborhood. Not only will this teach children important entrepreneurial skills, but you can also donate the proceeds to a local charity. Encourage children to choose a cause that resonates with them, fostering their empathy and compassion from an early age.
- Try conversation starters for impactful conversations with your family: We sent “After Dinner Amusements: Family Time” conversation cards to philanthropy clients over the holidays. These cards are a great way to engage in meaningful conversation and fun for all ages. Below are a few sample questions:
- What was your favorite game or pastime growing up? And now?
- Name three things for which you are grateful.
- Describe your perfect vacation. Where would it be and with whom?
- What is your favorite family memory?
- If you change or improve one thing in the world, what would it be?
We hope these ideas inspire you to engage with your family philanthropically this summer.
By participating in these activities, you not only make a positive impact on the world around you but also create cherished memories and strengthen the bonds within your family.
Wishing you a wonderful and fulfilling summer!