Holiday Giving Guide
‘Tis the season for giving! The Philanthropy Services team has compiled a list of organizations on the best ways to volunteer and donate this year.
Volunteer as Santa Claus or his Little Helper
- Channel your inner elf and make a child’s Christmas by “answering” their letter to Santa Claus.
- Be a Santa to a senior by providing gifts to Senior Care during the holidays.
Give the Gift of Shelter
- Covenant House works through donations to combat youth homelessness in over 31 cities.
Spread Holiday Cheer
- Angel Tree allows children whose parents are in prison to receive gifts.
- Direct Relief provides support for those living in poverty.
- One Simple Wish provides kids in foster care with Christmas gifts based on their wish list.
- Project Linus allows donated blankets and donations to provide a sense of warmth and security to a child.
- Samaritan’s Purse provides shoe boxes full of toys, school supplies, hygiene items, and words of encouragement to children all over the world.
- Toys for Tots collects donations and toys so that kids everywhere receive something on Christmas.
Grant a Wish
- Make-A-Wish Foundation raises money to grant wishes for critically ill children.
- The Ronald McDonald House provides housing for families of children receiving treatment in nearby hospitals.
Support a Military Family